As part of our efforts to reach people with limited mobility and accessibility to the NEA website, we have designed this website with enhanced features that will ease the experience of dealing with the Information & eGovernment Authority. Following are some of the features on our portal that aim to benefit people with different abilities.
The Information & eGovernment Authority follows the standards of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) to maintain the structure, navigation, look and feel of the website. This makes browsing and accessing information and services easier.
Ability to Zoom
If you are having difficulty reading a text or viewing images, you can select ‘Zoom’ to zoom in and enlarge the screen. You can change the screen size by selecting the menu ‘View’, then select ‘Zoom’ and set the page size according to your need.
Ability to Change Text Size
If you experience difficulty reading the text on the computer screen, you can enlarge or reduce the text-size by adjusting the font size setting of your browser.
- Firefox: Click on the ‘View’ menu. Then, select ‘Increase’ or ‘Decrease’ to change the text size. Alternatively, you can press the Ctrl and + keys to increase the text size, or Ctrl and - keys to decrease the text size. Pressing the Ctrl and the number 0 keys resets the default size.
- Chrome: Click on the main menu. Then, click on ‘Zoom’ and adjust the text size. Alternatively, you can press the Ctrl and + keys to increase the text size, or the Ctrl and - keys to decrease the text size. Pressing the Ctrl and the number 0 keys resets to the default size.
- Opera: Change the size of both text and graphics using the + and - keys on the keyboard. Each press will increase or decrease the size by 10 percent.
- Safari: Click on the ‘View’ menu. Then click on ‘Make text bigger’ or ‘Make text smaller’ to change the font size. You can also use the keyboard shortcuts. You can increase the text size by pressing Apple and + keys. To decrease the size, press the Apple and - keys.
Ability to Change Colors
If you find it difficult to read text against the background of a certain color, you can easily change the colors in your web browser by following these steps:
- Firefox: Click on the ‘Tools’ menu or press the Alt + T keys. Then click on ‘Options’ or press the alphabet O to display the ‘Options’ window. Click on ‘Fonts and colors’, or you can press F to display the ‘Fonts and colors’ window. Then to set Firefox to use your windows color scheme, click on the ‘Use system colors’ checkbox or ‘Tab’ to the checkbox and press the space bar to select it.